Összes oldalmegjelenítés

2011. szeptember 22., csütörtök

Contest speech - Superman!

I just spent my last 2 hours refactoring my contest speech. In English, that's why I'm in the mood for writing in English. :) The title is Superman, and the main theme is the quote I heard form Darren LaCroix in Lisbon: "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" Actually, I heard this quote several times, but hearing it from Darren had the biggest impact on me.
I realized, that it's not easy at all to write a speech with good structure and strong message, that MUST be funny. I was struggling to put jokes in every second paragraph and not deviate from the message. But at the end I think this speech is really great. Now I love it! :) I can't wait to tell it in front of people, because just rehearsing it alone starts to get boring. Also, the fact that there are no laughs at all, makes me think that it's not funny. And it's not a good feeling before a humorous speech contest.
But I have a few tricks in my sleeve. First of all I chose the title 'Superman' so that even before I'm on the stage the audience will have a funny feeling. Because the format of the introduction is Title, Name, Name, Title, so it'll sound like: "Superman, Daniel, Daniel, Superman". And then, I'll run to the stage with a towel wrapped around my shoulders as a cape. Hopefully it'll make everyone laugh, and the judges won't mind if at some point the speech lacks jokes.
I'm so excited about this speech, can't wait the contest!!!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése