Összes oldalmegjelenítés

2011. augusztus 25., csütörtök

My first first place :)

Ladies and gentlemen, my enthusiasm from Monday wasn't wasted, it was well worth joining EF Touchstone Toastmasters, because today, at the English Evaluation Contest, I won my first first place in China! I can go to Area level next month, and represent our club. Next week I'm going to join the English Humorous Speech Contest, and I plan to win there as well. These are egoistic words of course, but why would I go to a contest, if not for winning? I just learned, that EF Touchstone is in a very strong area, so I'll have a tough job in the next round, but my new dream is to travel to Hong Kong to the District Contest - that's whole China! Of course to do that, I have to overcome a few competitors.
I just figured out the message of my speech as well, it can be related to my recent move to China, but that won't be the main point, so maybe I can use this speech in later rounds as well. We'll see.
Oh, and if this wouldn't be enough of the good news let me tell you my plans for Saturday! From 9 pm I'll go to a live rock concert. Wendy's band will play - finally not in the afternoon. (Wendy is our drummer in the office band.) Before that I'll attend an EF Touchstone swimming pool party!!! Do you remember why I joined EF Touchstone? Now with that in your mind, think again: swimming pool party. Hm? Hm? Sounds great, isn't it? And by the way there will be unlimited beer! And before the pool party I'll go and check out the other indoor rock climbing club in town. So it will be a fantastic day!
That's it for today, I still need to do my Mandarin homework, and learn the words and expressions, because tomorrow I'll have my second lesson, and I still don't feel confident enough.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése